Hi,

Yes, Eric has retired - really retired😊 We always hope to see a good
friend/colleague once again, possibly with a different hat. IAB's Liaison
Coordinators (Wes, Tommy, me) have been in discussions with Russ (IEEE Liaison)
on having an IEEE802.1 replacement. As we all know, it is an important role
(too much for Russ alone to coordinate), even with the IETF/IEEE802
Coordination Group (and Russ and Dorothy's great leadership). We are planning
to send out next week a request for volunteers for the 802.1 Liaison role - so
please consider if interested.

I think it is great to provide more explicit guidance in 7042bis. Both when I
was an AD and Chair, it was always a bit difficult to understand the process.
Always deferred to Russ and Eric.

I've cc'd Russ (just in case he is not on the int-area list (I'm sure he is)).
I know Don has already been informing the IETF/IEEE802 Coordination Group on
the ieee-ietf-coord list about this update. I'd recommend proposing text and
coordinating with Russ and the coordination group on the proposal.

For those not familiar with IETF/IEEE802 Coordination Group, Russ gave an
overview at this week's IABopen meeting:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/115/materials/slides-115-iabopen-liaison-relationship-ietf-and-ieee-802-russ-housley-00

Thanks Donald (and all) for this work on a bis -
Deborah