On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 08:48:02PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the first step to split out the drm-misc trees into their own git
> repo.
> This just moves the integration trees into drm-nightly.git. Those are separate
> since I really like the idea of sharing one integration tree related to gfx.
>
> Next up is teaching all the branch related dim commands to figure out the
> right
> remote. But I think it'd be good to frist roll out this change, actually
> splitting out drm-misc.git will then not affect any of the drm-intel
> committers.

People asked why on irc, so here's a bit more context: I want to extract
drm-misc into a separate repo for a bunch of reasons. Doing the committer
model for drm-misc within the drm-intel.git repo was really just for a
quick test-drive to see whether it would work. But before scaling it out I
need to fix that:
- separate git repos is the only way to do acls on fd.o
- I want the same model like for drm-intel-next-queued where the main
  branch is always open for drm-misc, with a -next-fixes as needed.
- "eww, intel" reactions from the arm side, so better separation ;-)

Now I still think the shared integration tree is really useful, hence why
I want to keep just one for both trees. Which means step 1 is to first
split out integration tree stuff into a new drm-nightly.git, which both
groups can push to.
-Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter