On 11/3/16 5:01 PM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 2:22 AM, Jerome Anand <jerome.an...@intel.com> wrote:
Legacy Hdmi audio drivers are added.
Added support for audio/ gfx interface using irq chip framework

Just discussed this with Rakesh here at LPC and also with Mark Brown
and since earlier this years there's no a standard way to do this in
include/sound/hdmi-codec.h. I think it'd be good to port this over to
this new interface before merging. And if it makes sense (and ofc
afterwards when there's time) to port over the existing
i915_component.h to hdmi-codec.h.

I am all for convergence when it makes sense but I don't see how hdmi-codec.h provides equivalent functionality for BYT/CHT with what was suggested in this patchset -derived from VED patches- and discussed earlier with intel-gfx folks, specifically how LPE pipe interrupts are masked/unmasked and passed to the audio driver? The BYT/CHT HDMI functionality is also not modeled as an ASoC codec - which seems a dependency from the comments in hdmi-codec.h - since it's really part of the i915 hardware and exposed only as a set of registers+DMA, without any serial link interface typically needed for an external device or the internal HDAudio-display link.