On 17-09-15 10:49:56, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:

On 14/09/2017 21:26, Chris Wilson wrote:
Quoting Tvrtko Ursulin (2017-09-11 16:25:58)
From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursu...@intel.com>

Other kernel users might want to look at total GPU busyness
in order to implement things like package power distribution
algorithms more efficiently.

Who are we exporting these symbols to? Will you not need all the module
ref handling and load ordering like around ips and audio?

Hm yes indeed, I forgot about that.

Perhaps Ben could comment on who is the user. If it is purely for internal explorations, I'll stick the patch at the end of the series as it is. If it has a more serious user I would need to implement a proper solution.

Regards,

Tvrtko

P-state driver was looking to use this as a way to make determinations about how
much to limit CPU frequency. Srinivas was privy to the original discussion

--
Ben Widawsky, Intel Open Source Technology Center