On Wed, 21 Mar 2018, Chris Wilson <ch...@chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> Quoting Michel Thierry (2018-03-21 17:01:12)
>>
>> Checkpatch wants a comment for the memory barrier... Are we being strict
>> about it? (https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/40359/)
>
> There's a comment for it not two lines above! Silly perl script.

Sure, it's nowhere near perfect. But I do like to get the reminder about
this, "hey don't forget to document your memory barriers, locks,
etc.". It does mean we can't use checkpatch for gating, but I think it
can make the reviewer's life easier to be able to just point at the
results, and ask the author to fix the relevant stuff. I think it's less
tedious and less offensive than the reviewer doing the job manually.

BR,
Jani.