Hi Sean,

On 17/10/2019 22:26, Sean Paul wrote:

concern for those. The omap OMAP_BO_MEM_* changes though I don't think have
really reached non-TI eyes. There's no link in the commit message to a UAPI
implementation and the only reference I could find is libkmsxx which can set
them through the python bindings. Since this is TI-specific gunk in TI-specific
headers I'm inclined to let it pass, but I would have liked to have this
conversation upfront. I figured I'd call this out so you have final say.

There was some discussion about that a few years back when I initially sent the patches, but now that I look, the discussion died before really even starting.

This is what I said about userspace implementation:

Yes, unfortunately that is not going to happen. I don't see how this
could be used in a generic system like Weston or X. It's meant for very
specific use cases, where you know exactly the requirements of your
application and the capabilities of the whole system, and optimize based
on that.
I know this feature is used by customers, but I don't have access to their applications.

 Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki