On Thursday 26 February 2015 09:42 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:46:56PM +0530, deepa...@linux.intel.com wrote:
From: Deepak S <deepa...@linux.intel.com>

After feedback from the hardware team, now we set the GPU min freq to RPe.
If we drop the freq to RPn, we found that the punit was not setting the
voltage to Vnn, So recommendation is to set min freq to RPe.
And does it change the voltage at all?

Yes Voltage does change when we drop to RPe

Is there really any advantage to
the extra code on idle?Does efficient_freq really consume less power
than min_freq when active (assuming a min_freq/efficient_freq busy
workload i.e. does a workload that would be 100% busy at min_freq
consume less power when run at efficient_freq)?

The delta voltage usage between RPn and RPe is very small like close to zero.
Also, if we run workload 100% busy at Rpe we get better performance without
much of voltage loss right?
btw, Punit expects us to operate between Rpe & RP0.

-Chris