We're running i-g-t on Chrome OS and seeing gem_tiled_fence_blits failures.
More specifically, the test is getting killed by the OOM killer, sometimes
leading to hangs and reboots.  This happens consistently when the UI is
running.  When the UI is stopped, the test passes.  This makes sense since
there's more memory available.

I noticed the test uses intel_get_total_ram_mb() in the calculation that
determines how many buffers to allocate.  Excuse the perhaps naïve question,
but shouldn't that be intel_get_avail_ram_mb()?  When I change the test to use
that call it passes consistently with no OOM issues. I realize that might be
the wrong fix.  I just want to understand why.

Thanks,
Mike Mason
Chrome OS Validation Engineer
SSG/OTC - Open Source Technology Center