On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 12:29 +0100, Tomas Elf wrote:

> Could someone clarify what this means from the TDR point of view,
> please? When you say "context blew up" I'm guessing that you mean that
> come context caused the fault handler to get involved somehow?
>
> Does this imply that the offending context will hang and the driver will
> have to detect this hang? If so, then yes - if we have the per-engine
> hang recovery mode as part of the upcoming TDR work in place then we
> could handle it by stepping over the offending batch buffer and moving
> on with a minimum of side-effects on the rest of the driver/GPU.

I don't think the context does hang.

I've made the page-request code artificially fail and report that it
was an invalid page fault. The gem_svm_fault test seems to complete
(albeit complaining that the test failed). Whereas if I just don't
service the page-request at all, *then* the GPU hang is detected.

I haven't actually looked at precisely what *is* happening.

--
dwmw2