On 16/10/15 13:29, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 01:19:35PM +0100, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:

Hi,

On 16/10/15 13:03, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 11:59:47AM +0100, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:
From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursu...@intel.com>

Currently object tiling is inferred from the frame buffer modifier
and only for legacy X scanout.

It is useful to support overriding this selection for certain tests
so add the capability.

So you want to set up the object tiling differently from the fb
tiling? Why is that? And don't we reject it in the kernel? If we don't
need a fence for scanout (ie. FBC or gen2/3) we could allow it I
suppose, but not sure it it really helps with anything.

Hm, yes and no. Only different in a sense that currently igt_fb leaves
object tiling at linear regardless of the fb modifier tiling. (Apart for
the legacy X where it requires that they match.)

I needed a way of having Y tiled fb modifier and Y tiled object to hit a
warning in i915_gem_object_get_fence when only the rotated view exists.

Is there a problem of just doing what X tiled did also for Y tiled?

What do you mean? In the kernel or igt_fb? If latter then it needs to be able to have object tiling as linear by default since that is how fb modifiers were intended to be used - decoupled from obj tiling. Is that what you meant?

Regards,

Tvrtko