From: Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Oct 30, 2005 3:30 PM
To: Jerry Volland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Keelynet] Public domain releases

Cheers

Jerry,

If the idea and/or machine has already achieved pat. pending status or for
sure if a patent has been awarded to the inventor, then the object of the
patent is already in the public domain.  Anybody can access the full patent
after it is awarded.   Most of the applications for patents can also be
accessed by the
public.  ( A real rip in my estimation.)
A patent is only valid if it does a good job of teaching someone how to
build a working model.  Which you can do but you better not teach anyone
else to do the same.  I don't know if "releasing" the information in a
public patent would be a violation or not.  I would think not if you are not
actively encouraging public infringement.

Alan