Thank you again Andreas! I just wanted to get my head screwed on straight. I
really appreciate your response and help! - Eric

From: Andreas Pakulat [mailto:ap...@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 5:02 PM
To: Eric Clark
Cc: Qt Interest (interest@qt-project.org)
Subject: Re: [Interest] QAbstractItemView and default QItemSelectionModel

Hi,
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Eric Clark
<ecl...@ara.com<mailto:ecl...@ara.com>> wrote:
Thanks Andreas! I know it doesn't exactly answer my question, but you are
right, I can easily check this and I probably should just do the right thing
anyway and delete it. However, this suggestion:

Or you could make sure the selection model is set before the model, so that no
default-selection-model is created at all

I am curious about this because according to the Qt documentation on
QAbstractItemView::setSelectionModel this would not work. Maybe I am misreading
what it says though. Here is what it reads:

Note that, if you call
setModel<http://doc.trolltech.com/4.7/qabstractitemview.html#setModel>() after
this function, the given selectionModel will be replaced by one created by the
view.

Do you think I am not reading this incorrectly?

No, you're reading it correctly, I was making up things - or rather
mis-remembering and not checking the docs :)

Andreas