On 30/10/12 5:25 PM, Xiaognag Wang wrote:
You mean this big difference (7 seconds and 30 millisecond ) was caused by cache?

Oh yes. There's a big difference between having 1 chunk of data sent from the server to the client and having the client poll the server every time your app says fetchNext(); The effect becomes even more pronounced as you increase the latency between your app and the database server (eg. if it's on a network instead of on the local machine).

In my testing, query.next() just retured 256 records.
and I can not find methods to set cache enable in qt, should I set cache at oracle side?

If you're using oracle, you want to look at OCI_ATTR_PREFETCH_ROWS and/or OCI_ATTR_PREFETCH_MEMORY. See QSqlDatabase::setConnectOptions().

--
Link