> 1) the the change to qsizetype as an index type has not
> happened yet, anyhow. It's still a huge question if it's doable in the
> first place.

It is still discussed? I thought it is pretty high at the priority list anyway.

I mean, if you don't do that in 2020 (Qt6), when will you do it? You can't do
it in a
minor release, can you?

x64 is standard in many applications and memory sizes are growing. I have seen
to many
platforms/frameworks die an early death because developers where afraid to
enforce
fundamental architectural fixes/improvements (including evolving language)...
until it was
too late.

--
Best Regards,