On 10/8/19 1:21 AM, Melinda Seifert wrote:

You can use commercial if you previously used Open Source but it’s on
a case by case basis and you need to get approval from the Qt
company.

Like you need to get approval from the Qt company when not having been Open Source before - it is the basic right of any seller not to sell.

But your statement implies, that the Qt Company is blacklisting users because of contributing to Open Source projects. Am I already blacklisted because of offering code under an Open Source license ?

How does this all fit to the Qt project, that is in parts based on contributions from Open Source developers. Am I invited to contribute to the code base, while not being allowed to buy my own contribution afterwards ?

Uwe