On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 09:04:32 PST Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> That's correct, most of the work in last year is targeted to a new branch
> with updated WebKit. However, 5.212 serves its job well, it's compatible
> with current Qt and is at least is strictly better than 5.9 in terms of
> bugs, features and security. Of course, it should be used with caution on
> untrusted content, because of possible security issues.

Strictly better than 5.5, you mean.

Yes, it is. But that's like saying that an open backyard door in your house is
better than an open front door. It is, but it's also unacceptably insecure.

I guess that if you control the HTML & JS content, never downloading from the
network, maybe that's acceptable, though.