Folks:

A customer asks whether there's any way to have a UPS generate a SNMP trap for
interesting conditions, such as switching from AC to battery power. (Obviously,
we're talking about a UPSs without built-in SNMP agents.)

I know about the Network UPS Tools (http://www.networkupstools.org) package. It
takes information from a UPS via USB or serial port, and can make it availble to
other clients. But from a quick look at their site, I couldn't tell whether an
SNMP facility was available.

Anyone know of a way to do this? Many thanks.

Rich Brown                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dartware, LLC                 http://www.dartware.com
10 Buck Road, PO Box 130      Telephone: 603-643-2268
Hanover, NH 03755-0130 USA    Fax: 603-643-2289