Folks:

We are beginning a public test period for a new NetFlow Analysis feature. This feature, called "InterMapper Flows", is an add-on to InterMapper that will allow you to see what kinds of traffic are flowing on your network, as well as which hosts are sending (or receiving) that traffic.

One of our current testers had only been using InterMapper Flows for a few hours when he detected unusual traffic from a virus-infected machine. He was able to isolate and clean up the machine without a problem.

NetFlow is a technique for traffic characterization. It is supported by Cisco and certain other vendor's routers and switches, as well as software tools such as nProbe, nTop, pfflowd, and others. These devices send ("export") information about the various flows of traffic through the network. InterMapper Flows acts as a NetFlow "collector": it receives the flow records, saves them in a database, and then makes them available via an attractive user interface.

InterMapper Flows is integrated directly into InterMapper's GUI. You can right-click on an exporter's icon to open a Flows Window, showing the traffic flowing through it, or right click on any device icon to see that device's contribution to the traffic.

We would be delighted to have you try InterMapper Flows on your network. Use the links at the bottom of this page to read more and to download the software. If you have questions, you can send them to this list, or to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As always, we appreciate all the feedback you provide. Many thanks!

Rich Brown
Dartware, LLC

Overview:
   http://dartware.com/support/tech_notes/imflows/index.html