On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:34:52 +0700
Alexey Trunyov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andi Gutmans wrote:
>
> > Personally I don't like having two ways of doing things. It makes it
> > harder for people to read scripts.
>
> It looks like the one way of doing two separate things.

No, it looks like someone trying to turn PHP into Perl (or Python).
Personally I would prefer not to import Perl-style & Python-style syntax to PHP.
These things already work well(yes, you can think, that array() & range() are ugly,
but they are already used in tonns of projects) and I can't see any reasons to change
such fundamental things just because version number changes from 4 to 5.
If you really like this syntax - use Perl or Python, or whatever you want, but I
really can't understand why PHP should allow you to use this syntax too.

---
WBR,
Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
[EMAIL PROTECTED]