On 19 Nov 2003 at 0:00, Andi Gutmans wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I added an E_STRICT error level today which purists can use to
make sure
> that there scripts are using the latest and greatest suggested
method of
> coding (according to what we decide).
> Ideas are things like:
> a) Not using var for member variables but moving to PPP.
> b) Not using is_a but using instanceof.
>
> If you have any further ideas of stuff which makes sense to add to
this
> option let me know. For obvious reasons this will be off by default.
>
> Andi

What's the difference between E_NOTICE and E_STRICT then?

It would be as easy to trigger errors like
"Notice: Use of deprecated function `is_a`; use `instanceof` instead"

Purists who want to be sure to be coding >The PHP Way< will use
error_level = E_ALL anyway...

--
Ferdinand Beyer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>