There is some BC issue, because if you configured gpc_order for something specific and you rely on it, this setting will be silently ignored...

I *think* it's probably not that popular to change it, and that it's becoming less and less of an issue with the autoglobals. But on the other hand, why do you want to remove it if it doesn't cause any problems (or does it?)?

Zeev