On 15 Feb 2004 at 13:08, Zeev Suraski wrote:

> At 12:04 15/02/2004, Timm Friebe wrote:
> >I agree with Sterling. What if I have some really methods in my base
> >class that I rely on being existant in each and every subclass of it,
> >including Exception (or any other name I thought of to work
around
> >"Exception" being built-in)?
>
> Couldn't quite understand that.  Can you elaborate on what you
mean exactly?

I'm with Timm here. For example I could have a framework with a
complex class hierarchy:

CObject - base class for _all_ classes
CException extends CObject - base class for all exceptions

This is not possible since CException cannot extend both CObject
and CException.

In my opinion we should provide a throwable interface and an
exception base class implementing that interface. Forthermore we
should use a common prefix for the identifiers but that's a different
topic.

--
Ferdinand Beyer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>