More specifically,

This causes a change in $object:

$clone = clone $object;
$clone->troublesomeVariable = array();

But this doesn't:

$clone = clone $cell;
$clone = null;
$clone->_subElements = array();

On 15 Feb 2004, at 7:35 PM, Herr Witten wrote:

It appears that only one of the variables, an array, is being shared across these multiple objects, but other array variables are not. Moreover, When I make a clone and then set the clone to null, all clones made thereafter are correct.

$clone = clone $object;
$clone = null;

Also, I can't replicate the problem with another class. It only seems to be this class.