At 01:41 AM 4/12/2004 -0400, John Coggeshall wrote:
On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 01:27, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
> 1) None (almost none?) of the internal classes use exceptions. This
>    makes it difficult (if not impossible) to explain how to use
>    exceptions because you cannot show a meaningful example.

As of today, Tidy throws Exceptions in a object context.

>    It's really crazy to need to mix both types of error handling within
>    the same block of code.

Completely agree

I agree it's a problem, but as you know, for BC reasons we can't make all internal functions throw exceptions. I do suggest however, that new object oriented extensions throw exceptions in object context. This isn't a BC break and makes sense as it's used in an object-oriented context.
In any case, I understand that throwing an exception from user-land error handling works as expected so this can partially solve the problem with internal functions too.

Andi