On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, John Coggeshall wrote:

> As a matter of consistency, I would like to suggest that for those
> extensions which have a OO/procedural syntax that the non-fatal errors
> generated by those extensions be thrown as Exceptions when called from
> an OO syntax. I have already committed such a change to Tidy, and I
> can't see any serious reason why such a change can't be implemented for
> internal classes.
>
> Feedback welcome.

I think it's a stupid idea (actually OO is a stupid idea but that's
something for another dicussion ;-):

1. In order to silently ignore failed queries you still have to put a
   stupid try..except block around it.

2. KISS: PHP is supposed to be SIMPLE; with all thos advanced OO stuff
   writing scripts for PHP starts becoming less and less easy. Sure,
   they are already using OO but that's just a notation. Some extensions
   are only OO, like DOM, but that doesn't mean that every Joe Average
   has any idea on what exceptions are. Please, kepe things simple.
   Don't force people.

Derick