(Copied from my Reddit comment earlier today.)

> On Jan 14, 2020, at 08:15, Brent Roose <bre...@stitcher.io> wrote:
>
> Hi Peter
>
> Isn't it strange that someone like Nicolas doesn't get a vote? Symfony has
> such a large impact on the PHP community, and Nicolas has such a large impact
> on its development. Meanwhile people who contribute to the PHP docs,
> sometimes completely estranged from modern day-to-day PHP development do have
> a vote.

Having high status in *one* community, does not necessarily transfer to having
high status in *another* community (even if it's a *related* community.)

So, the way to get voting rights on Internals is to actually contribute
something to Internals -- whether code or docs. There has to be *some* barrier
to to pass, that is specific to that community.

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjo...@pmjones.io

Modernizing Legacy Applications in PHP