> On Feb 18, 2020, at 08:10, Côme Chilliet <come.chill...@fusiondirectory.org>
> wrote:
>
> to me that means we also need an addContent method.

I can see why we'd think that; it's symmetrical, if nothing else.

Even so, none of the researched implementations have a method like that. As far
as I can recall, they call have setContent() and getContent() equivalents, but
no addContent() equivalent.  They all work much like you point out here ...

> Otherwise people will have to carry a global $content along side $response,
> or use setContent(getContent().$additionalContent).

... although usually it's not a global $content. Instead, the $content is built
up from a template or other subsystem of some sort, and then assigned to the
response when complete. For example:

    $content = $template->render();
    $response->setContent($content);

So, I am reluctant to add something that no other implementations, across many
years and many authors, have actually found a need for.

Any further thoughts on this?

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjo...@pmjones.io