Hey all

Am 07.03.20 um 13:20 schrieb Christoph M. Becker:
> On 05.03.2020 at 17:46, Ben Ramsey wrote:
>
>>> I’ve submitted a formal request for “legacy approval” to the OSI
>>> license-review list, according to their policies.
>>>
>>> http://lists.opensource.org/pipermail/license-review_lists.opensource.org/2020-March/004716.html
>>

>> Here's a question from the OSI list that I cannot answer on my own:

>> The “steward” is the PHP Group. I know that Rasmus, Zeev, and Sascha are
>> still active on this list, but I don’t know what the protocol is for making
>> this decision. Would this need a simple RFC for the internals community to
>> vote on? If that’s the route, I’m happy to put together a draft.
>
> Could some member(s) of the PHP Group please comment on this.

Would this be a good point in time to to question the current state of
the PHP-Group as defined in https://www.php.net/credits.php?

If the PHP-Group as a loose connection of veterans (used in the best
sense here) is responsible for decisions like the one at hand here we
might have to think about how that group is put together. Especially
when of the ten people in the group only 3 seem to be still active.

It looks like a bad idea to wait until no one is active any more and we
need response from that group...

Please note that this is not about breaking down the group or
questioning the responsibilities (even though those as well seem to be
rather loosely defined). This is merely about whether there should be
some fresh blood in the group to reduce the bus-factor.

Cheers

Andreas

--
                                                              ,,,