On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 10:19 AM Sara Golemon <poll...@php.net> wrote:

> If that's the case, then the solution still seems obvious: Defer
> attributes to 8.1.
>
> After some discussion off list, including Nikita (who is probably closer
to this "problem" than any of the rest of us), I think the best way forward
at the moment is to proceed with the voted on action: Merge attributes
using @@ syntax prior to the feature freeze date.

However, with my RM hat on, I need to feel like we're as sure as we can be
about this syntax before it's public.
I'm willing to extend an additional period (up to the tagging of beta3, in
just under six weeks) for a re-vote on the syntax as changing that will be
less violent of a change than merging the entire implementation after
branching.

I hope this solution is both procedurally appropriate and satisfactory to
all.

-Sara