Following Sara's email a couple of weeks ago, I come this week with a
similar one:

Next Tuesday, Sep 29th, has been marked on our calendars as the branch date
for PHP-8.0 which would open master up for 8.1 targeted work.

This would mean that bug fixes would need to include PHP-8.0 in their merge
chain (meaning more work to merge 8.0 targeted fixes).

Please let Sara and I know how you feel about this date. We can see that
master is still quite active, especially with
https://github.com/php/php-tasks/issues/18 and
https://github.com/php/php-tasks/issues/16, and we don't wish to make the
work to stabilize
the 8.0 release any more difficult than it has to be.

Thanks,