On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 10:36 AM Sara Golemon <poll...@php.net> wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 9:21 AM Chase Peeler <chasepee...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 2:34 AM Mel Dafert <m...@dafert.at> wrote:
> > > (Gmail certainly can't, it can't even send non-HTML mails, and even
> with
> > > K-9 I have to remember doing it.)
> > >
> > Iā€™m sending this from gmail on my phone, so not sure what you are talking
> > about.
> >

> This plaintext reply sent via Gmail web client. I don't know what Mel is
> talking about either.

Gmail's web client is what I normally use, and have never had an issue with
it.

For work I use outlook and I often do in-line replies as well. That's
usually combined with a top post reply saying "see inline" since top
posting is the convention everyone uses at work. I can also tell you it's
much more difficult to go back through a long thread of emails when you
have to read everything from the bottom up.

I also wanted to address a few comments people have made around being told
to top post. I've seen my fair share of snark on this board. Not once have
I ever seen anyone make a big deal out of someone top posting. I don't even
recall a time when someone replied JUST to tell them not to top post. I've
only seen it presented as a gentle reminder as part of a reply on the
actual topic.

--
Chase Peeler
chasepee...@gmail.com