On Mon, May 10, 2021, at 5:08 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 10/05/2021 23:00, Alain D D Williams wrote:
> > Please do not change - keep bottom posting.
>

> No I don't agree.  People can do whatever is convenient for them.  Some
> will top-post; Some will bottom-post and some will inter-post.  By
> interpost I mean people will try to respond to a post on a point by
> point basis.
>
> Frankly anything is acceptable to people as long as it gives a coherent
> answer that is convincing!
>

> People should learn to trim some part of the post that they are not
> responding to like I have done here.

It's true that all three methods have their pros and cons.  The real problem
comes when mixing both in the same thread, which gets stupidly confusing.

In practice, inter-posting and bottom-posting are more mutually compatible, I
find, than trying to mix inter-posting with top posting.  I usually interpost
myself, which is more compatible with bottom-posting.

--Larry Garfield