> if hosting it ourself is a priority, i suggest looking into GitLab’s
> Community Edition, which is entirely open source,
> and the GNOME project moved from Bugzilla to GitLab CE in 2018,
> here's how that worked out, 2 years later:
> https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2020/09/08/gnome-follow-up/
> (and the TL;DR is that it worked out great for the GNOME project)

In my opinion, _not hosting it ourselves_ is a priority. Part of what
bugs.php.net has shown is there is a lack of people who want and are
willing to do the systems and maintenance tasks to run our own
infrastructure. In this sense, I quite like GitHub, as it is one less
thing that we have to maintain. Sure, we will have some custom tags,
but this is quite minor compared to maintaining a system.