On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 at 14:00, Guilliam Xavier <guilliam.xav...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 3:59 AM Alexandru Pătrănescu <dreal...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > But when types are not considered important I think it's worth pursuing
> > extending the coercion from null to the 4 other types where it's
> happening
> > right now:
> > - int as 0,
> > - float as 0.0,
> > - string as an empty string
> > - bool as false.
> >

> Indeed, that could also be a way to solve the original (PHP 7.0)
> inconsistency between internal and user-defined functions
> (although PHP 8.1 started to take the opposite route...)

Yep, I'm hoping to find a solution that keeps as many people happy as
possible, and improves the language.

Personally I think `strict_types=1` is fine for my code, but I would never
want to force that style on everyone, because doing so would be fairly
hostile for a language that's popular and well known for being easy to
use/learn.

And for those who like strict environments, I'm always interested in what
`Content-Security-Policy` they use, because that's a really useful form of
strict coding, especially when using `default-src 'none'; script-src
https://static.example.com; require-trusted-types-for 'script';
trusted-types 'none';` and `Content-Type:
application/xhtml+xml; charset=UTF-8` to ensure quoted attributes :-)

Craig