On 21 April 2022 22:45:17 BST, Mark Randall <marand...@php.net> wrote:
>Internals,
>
>I have now opened voting on Undefined Property Error Promotion.
>
>https://wiki.php.net/rfc/undefined_property_error_promotion

As with your previous RFC, I approve of this in principle, but am
frustrated how little time has been spent considering the edge cases, such
as the ones I mentioned here: https://externals.io/message/117487#117487

It seems to me that we've got an increasingly complicated set of states a
property can be in, depending on whether it's been declared with a type,
without one, or not at all; whether it's had a value assigned to it;
whether it's been unset; etc. If I am struggling to follow the distinctions
between "declared", "defined", "initialised", "dynamic", "nullable" etc,
how will users who start with PHP 9.0 understand why some situations
produce errors and others do not?

Regards,
--
Rowan Tommins