On Sat, Sep 10, 2022 at 3:05 PM juan carlos morales <
dev.juan.mora...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also agree that increasing the size to something bigger than 8M
> might not be a good idea; I can imagine that a value bigger than 8M
> (like 50M) will cause an impact in hosting platforms specially, which
> will be forced to always change the php's default values to a lower
> one, because of potential DoS Attacks.
>
> Default settings should have a reasonable level of security in mind.

Do these settings actually have any impact in respect of DoS attacks? As
far as I'm aware, neither post_max_size nor upload_max_filesize do anything
to prevent or terminate processes where the client sends data exceeding
these limits, that's something you should handle in your webserver.