Hello Internals,

I would like to start the discussion on adding several functions and parameters to existing functions for improved substring handling in PHP:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/working_with_substrings

Please see the Open Issues section for a series of possible issues/questions that I anticipated could come up, but I'm sure there will be others. Some are technical questions related to the source code while others deal with bikeshedding (function names, etc).

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

CubicleSoft has over 80 original open source projects and counting.
Plus a couple of commercial/retail products.

What software are you looking to build?