On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 5:53 PM Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2023 at 12:34, Jakub Zelenka <bu...@php.net> wrote:
>
> > It's possible that we might decide to stop supporting some drafts if the
> > maintenance burden is too big and usage small but I wouldn't see that as
> > something that happens often. But essentially you are right that there
> will
> > be minimum (draft-04 initially) and maximum (latest implemented draft).
> >

> Thinking about this, particularly if there is the ability to install a PECL
> extension which supports different versions from the core PHP version,
> perhaps it would be useful to expose a function or constant that lists the
> supported versions, so that code needing a particular version could check
> for support directly, rather than having to attempt and catch an exception?

That's a good point. I think a constant should be sufficient. I think the
different classes make less sense if $schema is specified as I would think
that the $schema should have a priority. So having just default argument
using the constant for the cases where it's not specified should be
sufficient IMHO.

Cheers

Jakub