> Seems Uncle Bob with his boy scout rule left the room...

This comment is very, very unnecessary. The message sent to the new
potential maintainers by the outcome of the whole discussion is not very
promising and such cheap irony doesn't help neither. I hope that at least
PHP internals community can learn how to handle such cooperation problems
in the future to bring a new value, not to effectively discourage people
from contributing.