Hi Wez,

zend_module_entry openssl_module_entry = {
        STANDARD_MODULE_HEADER,
        "openssl",
        openssl_functions,
        PHP_MINIT(openssl),
        NULL, //supposed to be module shutdown function but marked as
        NULL even though we have MSHUTDOWN function defined.
        NULL,
        NULL,
        PHP_MINFO(openssl),
        NO_VERSION_YET,
        STANDARD_MODULE_PROPERTIES
};

My patch for making the req.priv_key not to get dispopsed is available
here.
http://puggy.symonds.net/~kameshj/openssl.c.patch

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran