> >> From: "Andrei Zmievski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >> Attention: you have posted C++ template code on PHP mailing list.
> >> Please
> >> pay a $100 fine immediately and carefully proceed to the exit.
> >
> > Hehe... I do hope this is a joke (it would seem rather closed-minded,
> > otherwise). I don't think anybody would have bothered if anyone posted
> > PHP
> > code on e.g. comp.lang.c++(.moderated), in order to illustrate a
> > point. That
> > would be stupid.
>
> <sigh> I tried. Perhaps you can return your sense humor for a refund?

Yeah, follow it up with an insult; that'll do lovely. If you had some
insight into human nature, you'd know that humour is very subjective, and
given the feedback I've got from others in this thread (which have _not_
been jokes), it's rather hard to see what's a joke and what's not.

Let me explain: Although I understood that the literal thing you wrote above
was of course a joke, my question was meant to see whether there was a
serious side to the joke, as well. In other words, if people reacted
negatively to this (and, judging from other reactions, it seems so, or at
least, they concentrated on the code, rather than my point illustrated with
it).

I've been known to have a good sense of humour. However, I'm also sensitive,
so when I don't know if something is meant as a joke or not, I don't find it
amusing.

Apparently, this was something you didn't understand, at all, and instead
insult me about something you know _nothing_ about. What have I done to you,
to get an insult from you? How would you feel it if someone else said this
to you? A friggin' immature thing to say.

Regards,

Terje