On Feb 8, 2005, at 1:16 AM, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Andrei Zmievski wrote:

Hehe... I do hope this is a joke (it would seem rather
closed-minded, otherwise). I don't think anybody would have
bothered if anyone posted PHP code on
e.g. comp.lang.c++(.moderated), in order to illustrate a
point. That would be stupid.

<sigh> I tried. Perhaps you can return your sense humor for a refund?

I do hope this is a joke. Otherwise, you will be forced to read e.g. comp.lang.c++(.moderated) until you pay everyone on this thread $100.=

Yes, Andrei. This time you've gone to far. Your so-called 'humor' is all well and good until you start maligning c++. I think an apology is in order, both here (to Marcus, whose c++ophelia was surely offended as well, though he would never come out and say it in a public forum), in comp.lang.c++, and directly to Bjourne Stroustrup as well.

George