Derick Rethans wrote:

Yes, this was discussed in December last year. The PEAR team was plenty aware of this issue as well and had enough time to address it (about 7 months now).

Derick makes it sound that this was agreed. Sure there was a discussion. Its an outright lie to suggest that any sort of agreement was reached (except to pull it out of 5.1).

Do we really like it in 5.2?

Yes, as we finally need the date support that has been ready for 8 months now. Waiting any longer doesn't make sense either.

We do not need to break gazzillions of applications out there.

I told Derick this was the case, but he decided to ignore it. I am really tired of having to waste energy on such obvious matters and to have to put up with such attitude: "I'll sneak this in while nobody is looking".

Edin