Derick Rethans wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Lester Caine wrote:

Andi Gutmans wrote:

I agree completely. Can't we just call the damn thing DateTime stick it into
RC1 of PHP 5.2, and move on?

Gets my vote

( Now we just need browsers to return REAL timezone data ;) )

http://talks.php.net/show/time-phptek6/30 works pretty well... (but talks.php.net doesn't have it so the example doesn't work there)

Not sure, but I think that still has the same problem with not knowing the real timezone/daylight saving of the client? I need to know how to convert UTC to local time for an arbitrary date/time for displaying a calendar. Current solution is that the client sets their timezone/daylight saving in their profile, but it does not track when they move locations or have multiple timezone/daylight login sites :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL