On 12/28/2006 12:12 AM, Andrei Zmievski wrote:
It's perfectly legal to do it in 5.2 and I don't see why PHP6 is different. IMO it's same as changing the E_RECOVERABLE to E_ERROR - users won't have any way to "workaround" it, even though this was the original intention of E_RECOVERABLE.

It is not the same. E_ERROR stops execution. Returning FAILURE from convert_to_string() is simply a flag that lets calling code know what happened.

Failure in zend_parse_parameters() means that function itself will not be executed, which is a major change in behaviour and I don't think we really want it.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal