On 02/16/2007 04:00 PM, Jochem Maas wrote:
I would make the whole sentence above ALL CAPS

This text should appear at qa.php.net, so no need for CAPS (which are difficult to read), we can just use <b></b>.

Although, you might encounter some problems during the installation and

I would replace 'Although, you might encounter' with 'If you encounter'

Agree.

Test engine.

the header 'Test Engine' might not be understood and/or frighten off beginners
(whilst doing the tests is actually very easy).

you might encourage more people to run the test engine if you named the header
for this section something like one of the following:

Test Your New Installation.
Check your Installation with the Integrated Test Suite.

Agree.

you may wish to stress how valuable this information is to you and how much
you appreciate that people send them.

Any certain suggestions?
Somehow I've lost the inspiration I had in the morning =)

I would remove 'obviously' and change 'cannot' with 'does not yet',
this would invoke more of a feeling of 'being in good [dev] hands' ...
which I feel is not completely out of place :-)

The point is that any real-life test is better than a test suite, because a test suite will never cover everything.
But I do agree with the wording, yes.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal