Hi,

On 3/22/07, Christian Schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Michael Walter wrote:
> Right. But then those people add 2 + 2 and get frustrated because they
> can't do the obvious ;)

I find it all but obvious to being able to use non-local, non-global
variables in PHP. It's one of the main PHP points IMHO that a variables
is either local or explicitely accessed through $_GLOBALS (or super
globals). It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling that I know everything
else is undefined and won't clash.

Which seems to fit Andi's $_SCOPE proposal.

>> If somebody has a real-life demonstrated NEED for the
>> closures/scoping, by all means, bring it up.
>
> Plain old google brought up:
>  http://groovy.codehaus.org/Martin+Fowler's+closure+examples+in+Groovy
> among other hits (Groovy syntax should be easy enough to follow).

He said real-life examples (-:C

Is that like "enterprise" examples? ;)

Regards,
Michael