On Nov 18, 2007 5:52 PM, Cristian Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2007/11/18, Derick Rethans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > I am actually thinking that it might be a good thing to add more and
> > more. I know my quick hack isn't the best implementation though.
>
> Yes and it is an alternative and not a mandatory thing to use.. as long as :
>
> <?php
>
> function foo(int $num) {
>    return $num
>
> }
>
> foo("12345") // emit fatal error, NOT accept it as valid integer
>
> all is fine and Im all for it ;)
> --
> http://www.kissofjudas.net/

I was thinking at something along the lines of objects also for instance:

$i = new Integer(33);

function foo(Integer $var) {
}

foo ($i); else it emits a fatal error. But also if you do

$i = "Name"; that would emit a fatal error because the value is
suposed to be an int. This might look a bit too much like java, but as
an extension it could be something quite interesting I believe.

String, Object, Integer, Scalar, Float  and what else.

So thinking of something like

$string = new String("Foo");
$string = "bar" or $string->setValue("Bar"); would do

$float = new Float(4.242);
$float->setValue('foobar'); // That emits an error
$float->setValue(3.14159);

echo $float; (__toString) or echo $float->getValue; to echo it's content/value

and so on.

Would that be "too" java-ish to be something considered in php6 ? ;-)

> --

David Coallier,
Founder & Software Architect,
Agora Production (http://agoraproduction.com)