patches out there, it doesn't slow down the general case. So why should we *not* add it? (And yes, I changed my mind)

My opinion is that the language is not a salad of features that somebody somewhere found useful. The language should have some directions and properties that make it easy to understand and handy to work with. Having both strict and non-strict typing in the same language does not seem like a good idea to me.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]