In a way this is true, but I look at it this way. Some languages are
strictly typed, some are dynamically typed. PHP can have the best of
both worlds by having optional strict typing where desired, as well as

I do not believe trying to both eat cake and leave it intact would do us well. Mixing strict and non-strict code would be a nightmare. Absence of static type control (necessary for interpreted language) would make strictly typed code less, and not more stable. Add performance penalty from type checking and effort would be required from PHP newcomers to understand two code models instead of one - and you get the worst of both worlds, not the best.

Strict typing allows very little room for type conversion. This is
optionally hinting the desired type of a function parameter.

That's not what I am hearing here on the list.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]